Are you fed up with your dandruff problem? It’s really annoying if you have to scratch your head all the time. Moreover, continuous shedding of dandruff flakes, like white snowfall, may embarrass you in public. Finding the best shampoo and conditioner for dandruff is the smartest solution to this problem.
Before selecting the shampoo let’s know the reasons behind the problem. Actually, dandruff is the overproduction of sticky skin cells of our scalp which shed as flakes. According to scientific research excessive dandruff is due to the overgrowth of a special fungus on our head. This fungus, named Malassezia, acts as a catalyst which speeds up the shedding process of the skin.
There are few ingredients that should be included in the best shampoo and conditioner for dandruff.
- Ketoconazole- As fungus is the main culprit, the ideal shampoo should include broad-spectrum antifungal ingredient Ketoconazole.
- Zinc pyrithione-It is both an antibacterial & antifungal compound that controls both the bacteria & fungus that are on the scalp.
- Coal Tar- It slows the process of cell death by reducing the rate at which scalp cells flake off our scalp.
- Selenium Sulphide- This works in a similar fashion to coal tar by slowing the rate of skin cell death and thus the accumulation of dead skin cells.
- Salicylic acid- It sloughs off the excess skin cells if they accumulate on the scalp. It also has anti-inflammatory & antimicrobial properties.
You can also prefer natural ingredients while selecting the best shampoo and conditioner for dandruff. Few natural ingredients are proven effective to work on dandruff. These are Apple cider vinegar, Tea tree oil, Lemon and baking soda, Aloe Vera & Green tea.
You need to leave the anti-dandruff shampoo in your hair for 20 minutes to achieve the best result. So, dandruff can be treated in 3 weeks if you choose the right shampoo for dandruff with this guide.